Most readers are aware of the term gambling addiction, which is surely a grave problem. Gambling is considered as an impulsive behavioral disorder, which one can develop from relationship problems, any past crisis or failure in life and there are also many people who are addicted to it for mere enjoyment and excitement. When an individual wins some money while gambling initially, becomes overconfident and looses self-control, indulging in investing more money into gambling, with the hope of a huge return, but instead gets into huge debt after some time. This obsession intensifies gradually, which results into increasing gambling addiction, causing a disaster.
However, this addiction is highly treatable but you need to be enough courageous to admit and accept your gambling addiction instead of hiding it, which indicates your willingness to overcome this dreadful habit. The problem with gambling addiction is that it has no physical symptom. However, some traits are observed in a gambling addict, which you can also check with yourself:
– Faking about your whereabouts and activities
– Maintaining secrecy about money, finances and gambling
– Facing trouble in controlling your craving to gamble
– Gambling despite the fact that you have no money and be desperate for money
Tips to overcome your gambling addiction on your own
When gambling addiction reaches a definite state, self-restrain does not work anymore. Off late, beside the drugs available to treat the addiction, some effective natural therapies are also very much in practice.
Hypnosis – An effective treatment for gambling addiction
Hypnotist or self-hypnosis can genuinely solve gambling addiction. There are three methods of hypnosis practiced nowadays, namely a hypnotherapist/hypnotist, self hypnosis or utilizing the merge of both the methods.
– A hypnotist will begin by analyzing your underlying cause of gambling addiction and then he will offer the treatment accordingly. Always visit a trained hypnotist who can offer you effective suggestions on restraining yourself from betting in a very tempting situation. But remember that one session with the hypnotist will not recover you overnight and you may need his help from time to time to combat with your strong gambling addiction.
– Get hold of a CD for self-hypnosis to stop gambling and listen to it in a serene place with a relaxed mood. The CD will take you through a process of relaxation, where you will only concentrate on rejuvenation and breathing. The second part of the CD deals with the methods of controlling your addiction that will lead towards the betterment of your life.
– The blend of self-hypnosis along with the sessions with a hypnotist proves best to cure the issue.
Beside hypnotism, try to restrict your gambling addiction by distracting yourself from gambling. You can also postpone it for a considerable period of time, which may result in diminishing your urge of gambling. Avoid visiting the places like casinos and similar, where you will be tempted to gamble away with all your bucks. Block the gambling sites on your computers and also get hold of a pop up blocker, which will restrict the gambling ads that pop up while surfing over the net.
Resolve any professional or personal issues that are troubling you, causing stress and to escape from which you are attracted to gambling. Get yourself a hobby or just get engage in any outdoor activities and rejuvenate to take off your mind completely from gambling. Undergo some counseling sessions, where you are likely to face emotional trials and a procedure of moral and ethical development that will recover the self-esteem of the addict gradually.
Lastly, just imagine your condition without a single penny that you may lost in gambling, which may contribute a lot in your efforts to overcome gambling addiction.